Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Camping In

Oh my!!! We had sooo much fun camping in! We live out in the sticks and decided to host it at our place instead of renting a cabin or going to a hotel. It worked wonderfully. As you may have seen in previous post, I spray painted twister in my yard. Then I decided races would be more fun if there were start and finish lines. Well, if you're going to paint the yard anyways, why not make a center line for tug of war! I found some soft rope and had the girls line up with the tallest girls on the outside and the shortest ones on the inside and split them into two teams from there. We did the ready, set, go and watched them tug each other around. Most of the girls enjoyed this, although I do have a few that don't much like anything physical.
 I wanted some team building activities (and to wear them out so we would get some sleep). So next we tried the 3 legged race. I am fortunate to have horses, so we had plenty of nice feed sacks to use. I prefer this way to tying them together because if they fall they can get up with less likelihood of hurting each other. This was great fun, but I found out I have some sore losers. It was great at team building though. They HAVE to work together to win.
We also did a good old sack race. Very entertaining for all involved :)
 Dinner was cooked over the coals by the girls. We used pie irons and filled them with bread, pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, Yummy! I think everyone liked these quite well. I let them assemble their own and they got to chose what went on there (I also had peppers, onions, mushrooms and olives but none of them were used:). A little later we roasted marshmallows and made smores.
We played outside until dark. I had a few really wanting to go inside, but since this is the preparation for camping out I kept them out until dark. Once inside they laid out their sleeping bags on the floor and settled down for some movies and popcorn. They made it through 2 movies and then all crashed. A very successful Camping In!

No comments:

Post a Comment